Saturday, November 13, 2010

Would I lie to you?

p1010162 This dog is a thief! Here he looks innocent and honest but I know better. His crime had a devastating effect on his digestive system and the evidence was left lying in the garden for all to see.

I came home from work this week and thought that I would see if any of the broad beans were ready for eating. Upon viewing the vegetable garden I wondered at the fact that there were quite a few long stems of beans lying flat. It hadn’t been overly windy that day and it was dry. What had happened? Then I saw that there were no beans on any of the stems that were on the ground. No beans?

I puzzled for a while, picked some beans and went inside to prepare them for dinner. The chooks were happy to receive the empty pods and I thought no more about it – until M asked if I had fed Terry some broad beans. A lot of broad beans.

“No” I said, “I don’t think he likes them”.

“Well” said M, “there are a number of piles of dog vomit around the yard and it’s all broad beans!”  (apologies to the faint and/or those with vivid imaginations).

Sure enough, there was the evidence that somebody had decided to have a little smorgasbord prior to my return. And he must be feeling rather poorly as he hadn’t performed the other disgusting dog habit of cleaning up after himself!

I decided to see if he would take the broad beans if I offered him some. No, oh really, gone off them now?

I think the beans will be safe from now on ……

Jan

2 comments:

  1. The little rascal, I've never heard of anything like that. Hopefully the last of the beans will be safe.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they will be. He was so sick and to add insult to injury he threw up his dinner too! So he would have been a very hungry doggie the next day!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete